On Friday, January 20, the Adelaide Strikers and Perth Scorchers will face off in Match 48 of the Big Bash League (BBL) 2022-23. The venue for the match is the Adelaide Oval. So far this season, the Strikers, led by Travis Head, haven’t won a game. They are fourth in the Big Bash League with 10 points and a net run rate of +0.188, having lost seven of their 12 matches.
They are coming into this match after losing three straight. The Sydney Sixers defeated Adelaide by a significant 59 runs in their most recent match. They were blown away by Steve Smith’s 56-ball 101 after he chose to field first. While playing at No. 1, Alex Carey hit a half-century. 3, but the Strikers only scored 144 runs in their chase of 204.
Ashton Turner’s Perth Scorchers are on a complete rampage. They are at the top of the Big Bash League table with an impressive net run rate of +1.024, with 18 points from 12 matches. In their previous match, they won by seven wickets over the Hobart Hurricanes.
Aaron Hardie won the match for his unbeaten 90 runs off 62 balls, including 13 fours and one six. The Scorchers reached their target of 147 with 15 balls remaining thanks to Hardie’s hit.
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Match details :
- Match: Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers, Match 48, Big Bash League 2022-23.
- Date and Time: January 20, 2023, Friday, 11:00 am IST.
- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Prediction :
While the Adelaide Scorchers have already qualified for the playoffs, they have not yet secured direct entry into the championship game. The favorites going into this game are Turner’s men, who are not expected to take a back seat.
Prediction: Perth Scorchers to win the match.
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide Stadium Pitch report :
The pitch in Adelaide has been pleasant, and run-scoring in this year’s Big Bash League has not been particularly difficult. The team that wins the toss should field first because the track is expected to remain true.
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide Stadium Weather report :
With hazy sunshine all around, there is no chance of rain. The temperature will hover around 22 degrees Celsius. The level of humidity will reach the high 30s.
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Head to head :
The Adelaide Strikers have won two of the last five games against Perth Scorchers, while the Scorchers have won three. With five balls remaining in their most recent match against Adelaide Strikers, Perth Scorchers prevailed by three wickets.
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Fantasy tips :
- Matthew Short: Match -12 Runs -458 and Wickets – 10
- Colin de Grandhomme: Match -11 Runs -213 and Wickets – 05
- Wes Agar: Match -11 Runs – 21 and Wickets -17
- Aaron Hardie: Match -11 Runs -369 and Wickets – 02
- Andrew Tye: Match -12 Runs -35 and Wickets – 22
- Josh Inglis (wk): Match -12 Runs -377
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Dream 11 :
- Wicket-Keeper: J Inglis
- Batsmen: A Turner, C Bancroft, A Hose
- All-Rounders: C de Grandhome, M Short, A Hardie
- Bowlers: A Tye, W Agar, H Thornton, M Kelly
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Live Cricket Score :
- TV: Sony Sports Network.
- Live Streaming: Sony LIV App.
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Playing 11 :
- Matthew Short, Travis Head (c), Alex Carey (wk), Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Ben Manenti, Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar, Henry Thornton, Harry Conway.
- Cameron Bancroft, Stephen Eskinazi, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis (wk), Ashton Turner (c), Nick Hobson, Ashton Agar, Matthew Kelly, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Lance Morris.