Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Prediction, Head-To-Head, Live Stream Time, Date, Team News, lineup news, Odds, Stats, Betting Tips Trends, Where To Watch Live Score English League Championship 2023 Telecast Today Match Details – February 16

Bristol City will host Wigan Athletic at Ashton Gate on Wednesday in another round of Championship football. The home side endured a difficult finish to 2022 but have begun the new year in good form, steadily picking up points and climbing up the table. They beat Norwich City 1-0 in their last game, with Mark Sykes scoring the sole goal of the match midway through the first half to record his fourth league goal in as many games.

Bristol sit 13th in the league table with 39 points from 30 games. They will look to continue their good run of form when they play on Wednesday. Wigan, meanwhile, have struggled to adapt to the demands of Championship football and now find themselves in the drop zone. However, they returned to winning ways last weekend with a narrow 1-0 victory over Huddersfield Town, with Jack Whatmough scoring a late winner to open his account for the season.

The visitors sit 22nd in the table, with just 29 points picked up so far and will be hopeful of adding to that tally this week.

credit : – nhandinhhomnay

Match Details:

  • Match: Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic
  • Date: 16 February 2023
  • Time: 1:15 am
  • Venue: Ashton Gate

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Prediction

Bristol are on a three-game winning streak and are undefeated in their last nine games across all competitions. They have picked up three wins and two draws in their last five home games and will fancy their chances ahead of the midweek clash.

Wigan’s latest result ended a 10-game winless run and they will be determined to build on that. They are, however, winless in their last 10 away matches and could see defeat here.

Prediction: Bristol City 1-0 Wigan Athletic

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Head-To-Head

  • Wednesday’s game will mark the 30th meeting between Bristol and Wigan. The hosts have won 13 of their previous matchups, while the visitors have won just six times.
  • There have been 10 draws between the two teams, including their most recent matchup which ended 1-1.
  • The hosts are undefeated in their last four games in this fixture.
  • The visitors are without a clean sheet in their last four games in this fixture.
  • Six of the Robins’ 10 league wins this season have come on home turf.
  • Wigan have lost 15 league games this season. Only five of those games have come away from home.
  • The Latics have the worst defensive record in the English second-tier this season, with a goal concession tally of 49.

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Live Stream Time

This match will start from 1:15 am

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Date

This match will take place on 16 February 2023

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Team News

While Pearson is likely to opt for an unchanged Bristol City starting lineup, he has options available to him if he wants to introduce fresh legs.

Andreas Weimann is fit again after injury, while new arrivals Harry Cornick and Anis Mehmeti are each awaiting their first starts for the club.

Maloney finds himself in a similar predicament with his Wigan selection, with alterations unlikely but possible given the turnaround and upcoming schedule.

If Tom Pearce is deemed fit enough to start, Ryan Nyambe could switch to right-back, taking the spot of Tendayi Darikwa.

Ashley Fletcher is also an option, but Danel Sinani, Will Keane and Callum Lang appear likely to keep their places.

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Lineups

Bristol City:

O’Leary; Tanner, Atkinson, Vyner, Pring; Williams, James; Sykes, Scott, Bell; Wells

Wigan Athletic:

Amos, Darikwa, Hughes, Whatmough, Nyambe; Sinani, Power, Tiehi, McClean; Keane, Lang

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Odds

We say: Bristol City 2-0 Wigan Athletic

Given the early improvements under Maloney, Wigan will believe that they can cause the upset in this fixture. However, we would not back against Bristol City against many second-tier opponents right now, leading us to predict a hard-earned home win.

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Stats

  • Bristol City 41.05%
  • Wigan Athletic 32.14%
  • Draw 26.79%

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Tips

Tip 1 – Result: Bristol

Tip 2 – Goals – Over/under 2.5 – Under 2.5 goals (Five of the visitors’ last six matches have produced fewer than 2.5 goals)

Tip 3 – Both teams to score: NO (Both sides have found the back of the net in just one of the visitors’ last four matches)

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Bristol City win with a probability of 41.06%. A win for Wigan Athletic has a probability of 32.14% and a draw has a probability of 26.8%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bristol City win is 1-0 with a probability of 10.95%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (8.59%) and 2-0 (7.39%). The likeliest Wigan Athletic win is 0-1 (9.43%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (12.72%).

Bristol City vs Wigan Athletic Where To Watch Live English League Championship Today Match

Watch Or Stream The English League Championship Live On beiN SPORTS | Foxtel.

Follow Us