On Friday, March 17, the match between KRC Genk and Cercle Brugge will be watched by a lot of fans. The Jan Breydel Stadium in Bruges will host the match.
Fans are eager to see if this match will be similar to the last time these two teams met, on August 20, 2022. Fans are putting a lot of pressure on Cercle Brugge for this game because KRC Genk won the game at the time with two goals.
At the time, Cercle Brugge only scored one goal. KRC Genk scored five goals in their last three exciting games, while Cercle Brugge only managed to score four.
The teams shouldn’t have any problems with the expected slow winds. Temperatures on the matchday will presumably not ascent high, arriving at a high of 14°C, so the players ought not to be depleted too early. Additionally, it won’t be a wet day; the chance of rain is only about 20%.
KRC Genk, who are currently in first place in the league, will need to demonstrate that they are deserving of the lead; which, given that Cercle Brugge is seven positions behind, probably shouldn’t be too hard.
We believe that Cercle Brugge may need a little luck to score goals against this KRC Genk lineup, who we believe will score and maintain their lead.
Taking this into consideration, we anticipate that KRC Genk will prevail 0-1 at the conclusion of the match.
Examining the outcomes of these matches, which date back to 07/12/2019, reveals that Cercle Brugge has been disappointed. While Genk has been dominant against them, winning 67% of their matches, they have not been able to secure any victories of their own.
During this time, they combined to score 20 goals, with 14 coming from Blauw-Wit and 6 coming from Groen en Zwart. On the fifth day of the First Division A season, KRC Genk defeated Cercle Brugge 2-1 in their most recent league matchup.
That day, KRC Genk had 62% possession and 15 shots on goal, 5 of which were successful. Bryan Heynen was their only player to score (41′, 57′).
Cercle Brugge had nine shots on goal at the other end, two of which were successful. Scored by Olivier Deman (46′).The ref was Kevin Van Damme.
After losing their previous match against RSC Anderlecht by a score of 2-0 in the First Division A, Cercle Brugge will not want to repeat that performance here.
Cercle Brugge had 39% possession in that match and 7 shots, 2 of which were successful. Anderlecht had 18 shots on goal, but only nine of them went in. For RSC Anderlecht, Islam Slimani (9′, 85′) scored the goal.
In recent games, Cercle Brugge has conceded fairly frequently. In point of fact, Cercle Brugge has conceded eight goals while allowing opponents to score in five of their previous six games. In this game, we must determine whether that trend will continue.
Genk and their traveling fans will hope for a better outcome here after losing to Union Saint-Gilloise in their previous First Division A match.
In that game, KRC Genk had 70 percent possession and 12 shots on goal, six of which were successful. Bryan Heynen scored a goal for KRC Genk (24′). Five of Union Saint-Gilloise’s 13 attempts on goal were successful. Both Simon Adingra (44′) and Bart Nieuwkoop (42′) scored goals for Union Saint-Gilloise.
A minimum of three goals have been scored in KRC Genk’s five of the previous six games. During that time, KRC Genk scored an average of 1.83 goals per game, for a total average of 3.33 goals per game.
• KRC Genk won their most recent match by one goal.
• In the 37 meetings between the teams, Cercle Brugge has won six times, drawn six times, and KRC Genk has won 25 times. KRC Genk holds a 74-38 goal differential.
• Cercle Brugge has performed better over the past five games than KRC Genk has.
• Cercle Brugge’s top scorer is Ayase Ueda, who has scored 13 goals. For KRC Genk, Joseph Paintsil has scored 11 times.
• In their most recent match, neither team won.
• Against KRC Genk, Cercle Brugge has won just one of their last five Pro League games.
• On average, Cercle Brugge scores 1.88 goals when playing at home and 1.96 goals when playing away.
Cercle Brugge :
• Goalkeeper: Warleson
• Defense: Jesper Daland, Boris Popovic, Hugo Siquet
• Midfield: Charles Vanhoutte, Abu Francis, Olivier Deman, Christiaan Ravych
• Attack: Kevin Denkey, Thibo Somers, Ayase Ueda
• Goalkeeper: Maarten Vandevoordt
• Defenders: Mark McKenzie, Gerardo Arteaga, Daniel Munoz, Carlos Cuesta
• Midfielders: Bryan Heynen, Patrik Hrosovsky, Bilal El Khannouss
• Forward line: Mbwana Samatta, Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye, Joseph Paintsil
|United States||Fox Soccer Plus, ViX|
|France||Molotov, Free, L’Equipe, L’Equipe Web|
|Nepal||SONY TEN 3 HD, Sony LIV, SONY TEN 3|
|India||JioTV, SONY TEN 3 HD, SONY TEN 3, Sony LIV|
|Sri Lanka||Sony LIV, SONY TEN 3, SONY TEN 3 HD|
Coton Sport vs Al Ahly Prediction, Head-To-Head, Live Stream Time, Date, Team News, lineup news, Odds, Stats, Betting Tips Trends, Where To Watch Live Score CAF Champions League 2023 Telecast Today Match Details – March 17