Manchester United issued a statement on Tuesday announcing that Cristiano Ronaldo had left the team.
By mutual consent and with immediate effect, Cristiano Ronaldo will depart from Manchester United, the club announced.
“The club thanks him for his enormous contribution over two spells at Old Trafford, scoring 145 goals in 346 appearances, and wishes him and his family the best for the future,” the statement read.
In order to achieve success on the field, everyone at Manchester United is still committed to advancing the group’s progress under Erik ten Hag.
Following his dramatic conversation with Piers Morgan, it seemed inevitable that Ronaldo would leave the team amicably.
Ronaldo has criticized Manchester United and manager Erik ten Hag in a fiery TV interview, claiming that he feels “betrayed” by the team and that top members have attempted to oust him from Old Trafford.
Ronaldo responded, Yes, not just the coach but another two or three men around the club are trying to force me out of United,” when asked if the club leadership was attempting to get him to leave on the “Piers Morgan Uncensored” show. I was hurt by it.
The 37-year-old Portugal star said, “I don’t care,” when asked once more if top club administrators were attempting to get him fired. The truth should be heard, says. Yes, I did feel deceived, and not only this year but also last year, I felt as like certain people didn’t want me here.
In the course of this season, Ronaldo has been in and out of the starting eleven for Manchester United, and he steadfastly declined to replace Wayne Rooney against Tottenham last month. For the subsequent trip to Chelsea, as a result, he was cut from the team; however, he was later welcomed back.
To compete in his sixth World Cup with Portugal, the 37-year-old Ronaldo is in Qatar.