Following his departure from Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo has been strongly connected with some of the biggest teams in the world. The 37-year-old striker is now a free agent after the Red Devils made the announcement that he had left the organization with immediate effect.
This season, Ronaldo had already been frequently mentioned in connection with leaving Old Trafford, but a candid TV interview with Piers Morgan was the tipping point. After the club’s surprise TV attack, United were reported to be “furious,” with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner saying he felt betrayed.
After United obtained legal counsel, the Portuguese star was permitted to depart the organisation. Ronaldo will be trying to shine more than ever during the World Cup in an effort to find a new home because he is on the market and easily accessible to sign. In light of this, football.london examines all recent information pertaining to Ronaldo’s predicament.
The 37-year-old has been focused on the World Cup with Portugal, so there hasn’t been much action in the last week regarding Cristiano Ronaldo’s new club. According to Marca sources, the striker will join Saudi club Al Nassr in the new year.The news may come as a great shock to the Blues, who had been suggested as a possible solution to their goal-scoring problems by the former Manchester United player.
Ronaldo signs a record-breaking deal with a Saudi company.
Ronaldo has reached an agreement with Al Nassr in Saudi Arabia for a record-breaking £172.9 million a year, according to Marca via the Daily Mail. The article also states that sources close to the former Real Madrid superstar insist no agreement has been reached and that Ronaldo is still primarily concerned with competing for his nation at the World Cup.
Ronaldo departs from Man Utd.
Ronaldo’s departure from the squad was formally confirmed by United on November 22. A Red Devils statement reads: “Cristiano Ronaldo will leave Manchester United right away, as agreed upon. The squad wants to thank him for all that he did throughout his two stays at Old Trafford.”
Input following leaving Old Trafford
Ronaldo said in a statement that the moment is appropriate to search for a new challenge. We have agreed to amicably finish our contract early, he said after speaking with Manchester United. “Manchester United is my favourite team. And I adore my fans, so that won’t ever change. But right now seems like the ideal time for me to start looking for a new challenge.
Agent gets ready to discuss
Ben Jacobs of CBS reports that although a transfer’remains complicated,’ Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes will make his client available to the Blues. According to the report, Tuchel’s refusal to have serious discussions about signing the striker last summer was a major “roadblock” in the negotiations.