Latest Sports News

Durand Cup Winners & Runner-ups List, and Which is the Most popular team?

The Durand Cup is a professional football tournament in India which is rolling since 1888. The cup is under the organization of the Durand Football Tournament Society (DFTS). The tournament has 16 participating teams in the league where it is the 3rd oldest existing professional club football tournament in the world. Check Durand Cup Winners & Runner-Ups List, And Which Is The Most Popular Team?.

The current champions of the league are the Gokulam Kerala where they won their first-ever title in the league. The most successful team in the tournament is East Bengal which is the winner of 16 titles. Check out more details about the Durand Cup Winners and Runner-Ups List, and the most popular team in the tournament information here on this page.

Durand Cup Winners

Durand Cup Winners & Runner-Ups

Durand Cup is rolling out since 1888 which is one of the most popular tournaments in football. The game has been successful in its journey for years.

Here are the details about the winners and runner-ups of the show since 2000.

YearWinnersRunners
2000Mohun BaganMahindra United
2001-02Mahindra UnitedChurchill Brothers
2002-03East BengalArmy XI
2003SaglaocarEast Bengal
2004East BengalMohun Bagan
2005Army XISporting Goa
2006DempoJCT
2007Churchill BrothersMahindra United
2008Mahindra UnitedChurchill Brothers
2009Churchill BrothersMohun Bagan
2010Prayag UnitedJCT
2011Churchill BrothersPrayag United
2012Air IndiaDodsal
2013MohammedanONGC
2014SalgaocarPune
2016Army GreenNEROCA
2019Gokulam KeralaMohun Bagan
2020Cancel due to Covid

Durand Cup Performance all Team

There are 16 participating teams in the tournament there are the details about the championship and runners-ups of the team. The teams have been the winners of the tournament at least once in their gameplay.

However, there is a team that has been winners 16 times and more in the tournament. Check out the details about the winners of the league since season 1 of the Durand Cup.

TeamChampionsRunner-Up
East Bengal1610
Mohun Bagan1612
Border Security Force72
JCT56
Black Watch52
Highland Light Infantry51
Hyderabad City Police43
Lancashire Fuiliers42
Mahindra United33
York & Lancaster Regiment31
Churchill Brothers32
Salgaocar30
Mohammedan22
Border Regiment22
Cameronians (Scottish Rifles)21
Gorkha Brigade21
Royal Scots Fusiliers21
Sherwood Foresters21
King’s Shropshire Light Infantry20
Madras Regimental Centre20
King’s Own Scottish Borderers20
FC Kochin10
United10
Air India10
Army Green10
Gokulam Kerala FC10

Durand Cup Successful Team

The most successful team in the Durand Cup is the SC East Bengal where the club is based in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is one of the most successful teams in the Durand Cup where they are the winners of the league 16 times.

The team has been in the runners-up position 10 times. The club takes part in the Indian Super League. The head coach for the league is Manolo Diaz.

The ground for the league is the Salt Lake Stadium and East Bengal Ground. the owners for the SC East Bengal is Shree Cement East Bengal Foundation (Shree Cement Ltd: 76%). The rest 24% partners of the club are the East Bengal Club Pvt. Ltd.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More