Following the conclusion of the National League playoff final on May 13 at Wembley Stadium, Halifax Town are still in the running to be reinstated as a member of the Football League despite a poor run of form.
Despite losing four of their previous five league matches, The Shaymen enter the midweek round of matches eight places behind the highly competitive playoff picture and only six points away from it.
In the current campaign, Millington’s team has won seven of their 13 games at The Shay Stadium, earning an impressive 23 points out of 39 available.
On January 31, Halifax defeated Harrow Borough in a penalty shootout to advance to the fifth round of the FA Trophy. The match ended 2-2 after 120 minutes of football.
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe’s goal in the 68th minute gave the hosts, who had won midweek, a 1-0 victory over 10-man Oldham Athletic on Saturday afternoon at Boundary Park.
Even though the Shaymen are in 15th place in the National League standings, you wouldn’t be able to predict which four teams will play in the quarterfinals of the playoffs at the end of the regular season because they are only six points apart from Southend, which is in seventh place.
Barnet is hoping to make it back to the Football League for the first time since 2018. Since Halloween of last year, they have been one of the best teams in the division.
Since losing in a remarkable 12-goal thriller against Wrexham on October 8, the Bees have never lost in their last 13 league games.
Chris Millington, manager of Halifax Town, is unlikely to alter his starting lineup after seeing his team earn a much-needed three points on Saturday.
Emmanuel Dieseruvwe, who scored the game-winning goal against Oldham Athletic, will once more be used by Millington to play alongside Millenic Alli at The Shay Stadium.
Jamie Stott, Jordan Keane, Jesse Debrah, Jack Senior, and Tylor Golden will form The Shaymen’s familiar back four after keeping their first clean sheet in five games.
Barnet striker Nicke Kabamba, who has scored more goals than only Macaulay Langstaff and Paul Mullin in the 2022-23 National League season, will lead the visitors’ attack.
In the final third, the attack-minded trio of Idris Kanu, Harry Pritchard, and David Moyo will provide support for the aforementioned Kabamba.
We believe that Barnet can score against this Halifax lineup, but that might not stop them from giving up a few goals on the other side.
At the conclusion of the game, we can anticipate Halifax winning by a score of 2-1. This was a close contest. Probably a good one.
When looking at their previous head-to-head matches that took place on 04/01/2020, both teams shared the victory, with Halifax winning two of those games and Barnet drawing two in regulation.
During those matches, they scored a total of 15 goals, with 8 coming from The Shaymen and 7 from The Bees. That amounts to 2.5 goals on average per game.
On the first day of the National League in 2022, Barnet defeated Halifax 2-0 in their previous league matchup.
• Matches from last season: 1-0 at home against FC Halifax Town and 0-0 against Barnet FC.
• FC Halifax Town has lost three National League matches in a row.
• Did you know that between minutes 61 and 75, FC Halifax Town scores 25% of its goals?
• Did you know that 76-90 minutes account for 32% of Barnet FC’s goals?
• FC Halifax Town has lost three consecutive games.
• In their last five games, FC Halifax Town has not won.
• In their last nine games, Barnet FC has not lost.
• In their last six meetings, FC Halifax Town and Barnet FC have never lost at home.
• FC Halifax Town has not scored in four of their 13 National League home games this season.
• This season, Barnet FC has not scored in any of their 13 National League away matches.
• FC Halifax Town has not scored in three games in a row.
• In their last six games, FC Halifax Town has given up at least one goal.
• For the past nine matches, Barnet FC has scored at least one goal.
• Barnet FC wins the first half in 28% of matches, while FC Halifax Town wins the first half in 18% of games.
• Barnet FC wins 28% of halftimes, while FC Halifax Town wins 18%.
Johnson; Stott, Keane, Debrah, Senior, Golden; Gilmour, Hunter, Wright; Alli, Dieseruvwe
Walker; Okimo, Beard, Collinge, Wynter; Armstrong, Gorman; Pritchard, Moyo, Kanu; Kabamba
Oldham Athletic vs Dag & Red Prediction, Head-To-Head, Live Stream Time, Date, Team News, Lineups Odds, STATS, Tips, And Betting Trends, Where To Watch Live English National League 2023 Today Match Details – February 8