German Bundesliga 2022 Prize Money: How much winner will get paid?

Bundesliga is a football league in Germany. Bundesliga is the primary football competition of Germany. It has a total of 18 clubs and operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the 2. Clubs of Bundesliga won 8 UEFA champions league, 6 UEFA Europa League and 2 FIFA club world cup and many more. Check here German Bundesliga 2022 Prize Money Breakdown.

Bundesliga has 18 clubs and FC Bayern Munich is the most famous and popular club in Germany. Bayern Munich won the most number Bundesliga titles its not wrong if we say that it is the strongest club in Germany. It is a top national league ranked 4th according to UEFA’s league coefficient ranking in 2020/21.

German Bundesliga 2022 Prize Money Breakdown

Finally, there is an increment in the prize money of Bundesliga. The league now officially adopted a new model for revenue. This model will help the league to recover the losses which cause due to covid-19.

Bundesliga has a new TV rights deal with DAZN and Deutschland for €1.16 billion per year, for four years. The prize money of the league in season 2022 is €1.16 billion. 70% of the total prize money will be distributed among the 18 clubs. And remaining 30% will be distributed on leagues positions standing.

German Bundesliga 2022 Prize Money: How much winner will get paid
Image Credit:

Deal from 2022 – 2025

Duration2021 – 2025
Domestic TV Rights€ 4.64 billion
International TV RightsFrom international TV rights deal € 1 billion
% increase from last 4-year dealPrevious deal from 2017 to 2021 worth  € 2.51. Now there is a rise of 85% in the domestic tv rights. The new deal is signed for €4.64 billion.
Yearly distributionTelevision Revenue of €1.4 billion is distributed to 18 German clubs per year.
Distribution model70 percent of domestic tv rights revenue is distributed based on club performance in the last five seasons.

Last four years deal (2017-2021)

Duration4 years ( 2017-16 to 2020-21 )
Domestic TV Rights€4.64 billion
Overseas TV RightsNot announced yet but €1 billion is expected from the overseas deal.
% increase from last 4-year dealThe new deal sees an 85% increase in the domestic tv rights money taking it to a massive €4.64 billion compared to just €2.51 billion from the last deal.
Yearly distribution€5.5 billion will be divided into 4 parts and that takes a yearly TV money pool distributed to 18 clubs around €1.4 billion a year.
Distribution model65% of the yearly pool is divided equally while the other 35% is divided according to league positions in the last 5 years.

Bundesliga Kit sponsor in 2022

ClubsKit Sponsor 2021/22
VfL WolfsburgVolkswagen
FC BayernTelekom
Borussia Dortmund1&1 and Evonik*
RB LeipzigRed Bull
VfB StuttgartMercedes-Benz-Bank
Borussia M’GladbachFlatex
Hertha BSCAutohero
1. FC KölnRewe
Eintracht FrankfurtIndeed
Bayer 04 LeverkusenBarmenia
TSG HoffenheimSAP
FC AugsburgWWK
1. FSV Mainz 05Kömmerling
SC FreiburgSchwarzwaldmilch
Union BerlinAroundtown
Arminia BielefeldSchüco
VfL BochumVonovia
SpVgg Greuther FürthHofmann Personal

Follow Us