Ipswich Town vs Portsmouth Prediction, Head-To-Head, Lineup, Betting Tips, Where To Watch Live Today English EFL Trophy 2022 Match Details – November 22

Two of the most in-form teams clash at Portman Road on Tuesday when Ispwich and Portsmouth go head to head in the EFL Trophy. Both sides have not lost their last six games in all competitions, with Ipswich winning four of those games too. With these two sides spinning their trade in League One together, it also brings about a tough competition irrespective of form.

What makes this game even more interesting is that Ipswich are second in the English third tier, and Portsmouth sit seventh on the points table, with a gap of just 12 points between them – making them two of the top League One sides this season. With the World Cup fever on, this Ipswich – Portsmouth tie is going to be a breath of fresh air on Tuesday late evening.

credit : – twtd

Match Details:

  • Competition: Football League Trophy
  • Date: 22nd November 2022
  • Kickoff: 19:45 UTC
  • Venue: Portman Road Stadium

Ipswich Town vs Portsmouth Prediction

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a Ipswich Town win with a probability of 49.8%. A draw has a probability of 25.3% and a win for Portsmouth has a probability of 24.9%.

The most likely scoreline for a Ipswich Town win is 1-0 with a probability of 11.68%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (9.42%) and 2-0 (9.15%). The likeliest drawn scoreline is 1-1 (12.02%), while for a Portsmouth win it is 0-1 (7.67%).

Ipswich Town vs Portsmouth Head-To-Head

  • Ipswich won 5 direct matches.
  • Portsmouth won 9 matches.
  • 4 matches ended in a draw.

Ipswich Town vs Portsmouth Lineup

Ipswich Town:

Christian Walton, Janoi Donacien, Luke Woolfenden, Cameron Burgess, Wes Burns, Cameron Humphreys, Sam Morsy, Leif Davis, Conor Chaplin, Freddie Ladapo, Marcus Harness


Joshua Griffiths, Connor Oglivie, Clark Robertson, Sean Raggett, Zak Robinson, Josh Koroma, Marlon Pack, Jay Mingi, Owen Dale, Dane Scarlett, Colby Bishop

Ipswich Town vs Portsmouth Betting Tips

Ipswich have not lost to Portsmouth in the last three meetings. But, the away side has managed to go unbeaten in their last seven games running, with 4 of these results ending in either a 0-0 or a 1-1 draw. It is highly likely that Portsmouth will score in this game as they have, against 5 of their last 6 opponents. We believe that this game will be tending towards a 1-1 draw till the most dying moments of the game, and may even go to extra time.

Our best bet will thus be both sides scoring. One can even go for an Ipswich win as they have clearly been the better side in League One, but Portsmouth will be one of the toughest oppositions they will face, at this stage of the EFL Trophy.

Ipswich Town vs Portsmouth Where To Watch Live Today English EFL Trophy 2022 Match Details – November 22

The EFL Trophy on TV is live on iFollow and Sky Sports in the UK during the 2022/23 season with regular coverage of some rounds including the EFL Trophy Final. Rotherham United are the current holders of the EFL Trophy – the Football League trophy is sometimes dubbed the “Lower leagues FA Cup” but also involves Premier League Under 21 teams.

Follow Us