In Round 11 of the Bundesliga on Friday (October 21), Mainz will welcome Koln to the Mewa Arena. The hosts returned to winning ways in the league after a month, securing a 2-0 win at Werder Bremen last week. Mainz have four wins this season, but none of them have come at home. They continued their winning form in DFB-Pokal, beating VfB Lubeck 3-0 in midweek.
Koln, meanwhile, also returned to winning ways with a hard-fought 3-2 win over Augsburg, with Steffen Tigges netting a brace. They were eliminated in the DFB-Pokal first round so Koln will be well-rested for this game at Mainz.
Mainz vs Köln Prediction
Die Nullfunfer are winless at home this term and have not scored in two of their four home games in the Bundesliga. They have scored five goals and kept a clean sheet in their last two games across competitions.
Koln, meanwhile, have scored nine goals and conceded ten in five Bundesliga away games this term. With both teams regaining form in recent games, this one could end in a draw. Mainz 2-2 Koln.
Mainz vs Köln Head-To-Head
- This will be the 35th meeting between the two teams across competitions. These games have been closely contested, with Koln having a narrow 13-12 lead in wins, while nine games have ended in draws.
- Koln have scored at least twice in their last three Bundesliga games, conceding as many.
- Mainz are winless in their last five home games in the competition, scoring just twice in four home games.
- Mainz have the third-worst attacking record in the Bundesliga this term, scoring 11 times.
- Koln (16) and Mainz (15) have four wins this season and are separated by just one point in the standings.
- Only Stuttgart and Hertha Berlin (five apiece) have played more draws than the visitors (4) this season.
- Koln have just one win on their travels this term They suffered a 5-2 defeat in their last away game at Borussia Monchengladbach.
Mainz vs Köln Lineup
Mainz:- Ingvartsen, A. Fulgini, K. Onisiwo, A. Caricol, A. Stach, L. Barreiro, D. da Costa, A. Caci, A. Hack, E. Fernandes, F. Dahmen
Koln:- M. Schwäbe, B. Schmitz, L. Kilian, T. Hübers, J. Hector, E. Skhiri, D. Huseinbašić, O. Duda, E. Martel, L. Maina, S. Tigges
Mainz vs Köln Betting Tips
1: Result – Draw
2: Goals – Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Over 2.5
3: At least a goal to be scored in the second half – Yes
4: Koln to score first – Yes
5: Steffen Tigges to score any time – Yes
Mainz vs Köln Where To Watch Live Today German Bundesliga 2022
The television rights for Bundesliga in India have been acquired by Sony Pictures Networks India (SPN). This means the live telecast of the Bundesliga 2022-23 season will be broadcast on Sony TV channels in India.
The live streaming of Bundesliga 2022-23 season can be viewed on the SonyLIV app as well as on JioTV.