Port Vale will attempt to end their five-game winless run when they welcome Oxford United to Vale Park for Monday’s League One contest. Relegation-threatened Oxford are also desperate to claim all three points after failing to win any of their last 13 matches Port Vale boss Darrell Clarke will have to pick his players up for Monday’s contest after they were heavily beaten by Accrington Stanley on Friday.
The Valiants were swept aside by a 3-0 scoreline, ensuring they have now conceded at least two goals in each of their last four games. Having picked up just two points from their previous five matches, Port Vale are languishing in 17th place and are at risk of being dragged into a relegation battle in the closing stages of the campaign. As it stands, they still boast a healthy seven-point cushion to the bottom four, but they will be looking to mathematically secure their League One status sooner rather than later.
Ahead of Monday’s fixture, the hosts can take confidence from the fact that they are unbeaten in their previous four competitive home meetings with Oxford. The U’s, meanwhile, are in real danger of being relegated after picking up just four points from their last 13 matches. Oxford have at least shown some signs of improvement since Liam Manning was appointed head coach, having played out three consecutive draws under the new manager. In their most recent outing against promotion-chasing Sheffield Wednesday, Cameron Brannagan dispatched a 70th-minute penalty to cancel out Barry Bannan’s opener, ensuring the home encounter ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Match: Port Vale vs Oxford Utd
- Date: 10 April 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Venue: Vale Park
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Prediction
- We say: Port Vale 1-1 Oxford United
- Oxford will be desperate to claim their first win since January, but having failed to win on their last four trips to Vale Park, we think they will have to settle for a point on Monday.
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Head-To-Head
Teams Port Vale Oxford played so far 12 matches. Port Vale won 4 direct matches. Oxford won 6 matches. 2 matches ended in a draw. On average in direct matches both teams scored a 2.92 goals per Match.
Port Vale in actual season average scored 1.08 goals per match. In 16 (64.00%) matches played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals. In 12 (48.00%) matches in season 2023 played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Live Stream Time
This match will start from 7:30 PM
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Date
This match will take place on 10 April 2023
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Team News
The Valiants are still expected to be without the services of Lewis Cass and Ben Garrity due to calf injuries. After being sent off in stoppage time against, Funso Ojo will miss out through suspension, which could lead to Tom Conlon partnering Tom Pett in central midfield. They will also be unable to call upon Oxford loanees Jack Stevens and Matty Taylor, who are ineligible to face their parent club.
As for the visitors, Elliott Moore will miss out after he suffered a concussion during Friday’s draw with Sheffield Wednesday. Stephan Negru replaced Moore against the Owls to make his Oxford debut, and he could now be presented with his first start for the U’s on Monday. Kyle Joseph is expected to keep his place in the Oxford forward line, and he will be looking to add to the seven league goals he has scored this season.
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Lineups
- Port Vale:- Stone; Forrester, Smith, Donnelly; Massey, Conlon, Pett, Robinson; Butterworth; Harrison, Wilson
- Oxford United:- Eastwood; Long, Negru, Findlay, Brown; McGuane, Brannagan; Murphy, Browne, Wildschut; Joseph
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Odds
- PORT VALE TO WIN
- OXFORD UNITED TO WIN
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Stats
- Port Vale haven’t won in their last 5 games.
- Oxford United haven’t won in their last 13 games.
- Oxford United haven’t won any of their last 7 away matches.
- When playing at home, Port Vale have not lost to Oxford United in their last 4 encounters.
- Port Vale haven’t scored in 6 of their 20 home matches in League One this season.
- Oxford United haven’t scored in 10 of their 20 away matches in League One this season.
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Tips
- Tip 1:- Result – Draw
- Tip 2:- both team to score – yes
- Tip 3:- goal under 2.5
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Betting Trends
The two teams are evenly matched – with the odds being similar. For this reason, wagering on this match will be a tough decision. Although Port Vale XI has a 37.3% probability of winning, an away win is estimated at 33.4%, leaving chances for a draw at 29.2%.
Port Vale vs Oxford Utd Where To Watch Live Score English League One 2023 Telecast Today Match
- United Kingdom:- BoxNation
- Germany:- DAZN, DAZN2