In the Basque derby in La Liga on Saturday (January 14), Real Sociedad will take on Athletic Bilbao, a local rival.
The hosts have won three of their last four league games, remaining unbeaten. David Silva and Alexander Sorloth scored in the second half to help Sociedad defeat Almeria 2-0 in their previous match. With the victory, they increased their lead in the standings over Villarreal, who is in fourth place, to four points.
In contrast, Bilbao hasn’t lost in three games, drawing the last two. On Monday, Osasuna held them to a goalless home draw.
Despite winning their last five home games against Bilbao, Sociedad has not kept a clean sheet in six of those encounters. This season, the hosts have scored in all but one of their La Liga home games, and this pattern should continue.
In contrast, Bilbao has not won on their travels since September and may struggle at Sociedad in a game that could be close.
The hosts, who have won their last three games and will try to continue their winning streak, have drawn their last two games at home. A low-scoring draw may occur given the two teams’ current form.
Prediction: Real Sociedad 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
In competitions, the two Basque rivals have met 171 times, 150 of those encounters occurring in the Spanish top flight. 69-57 in favor of the visitors.
Nine of their last ten matches against Bilbao at home have been won by Sociedad. In five of their last six competition-based games against Bilbao, the hosts have scored less than 2.5 goals.
In their last 11 encounters, Sociedad has outperformed Athletic, losing just two of those games and winning six. Their two previous encounters at Sociedad have ended in a tie.
• In 2017, Athletic Bilbao defeated Real Sociedad San Sebastian on the road.
• When playing at home, Real Sociedad San Sebastian scores 1.08 goals, while Athletic Bilbao scores 1.58 goals when playing away.
• Athletic Bilbao won their most recent match by one goal.
• Athletic Bilbao wins 7% of their games when they are down 1-0 away.
• Did you know that between minutes 0 and 15, Athletic Bilbao scores 21% of their goals?
• Athletic Bilbao’s current away record: 2-3-2.
• Goalkeeper: Alex Remiro
• Defenders: Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Diego Rico Salguero
• Midfield: Igor Zubeldia, David Silva, Martin Zubimendi, Illarramendi, Mikel Merino, Take
• Forward line: Alexander Sorloth
• Goalkeeper: Unai Simon
• Defenders: Oscar De Marcos, Yeray Alvarez, Dani Vivian, Yuri Berchiche
• Midfielders: Mikel Vesga, Oier Zarraga, Oihan Sancet
• Forward line: Inaki Williams, Nicholas Williams, Gorka Guruzeta
|United States||Fox Soccer Plus, ViX|
|France||Molotov, Free, L’Equipe, L’Equipe Web|
|Nepal||SONY TEN 3 HD, Sony LIV, SONY TEN 3|
|India||JioTV, SONY TEN 3 HD, SONY TEN 3, Sony LIV|
|Sri Lanka||Sony LIV, SONY TEN 3, SONY TEN 3 HD|
Lecce vs Milan Prediction, Head-To-Head, Live Stream Time, Date, Team News, Lineups Odds, STATS, Tips, And Betting Trends, Where To Watch Live Italian Serie A 2023 Today Who Will Win Match Details – January 14