After recovering from their first loss of the year with a 1-0 victory at Stuttgart on Sunday, the hosts are still in first place in the rankings. Midweek, Berlin defeated Malmo 1-0 at home in the UEFA Europa League. It’s interesting that a player has been sent off in each of their last four games.
In contrast, Dortmund has lost its last two league contests. They drew 2-2 with Bayern Munich in the season’s opening Der Klassiker last weekend. BvB went down by two goals before mounting a comeback that ended with Anthony Modeste hitting a dramatic equaliser to force a tie and compel a share of the spoils.
Union Berlin vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction
With three victories in four Bundesliga home games this year, Die Eisernen are the clear favourites. Less than 2.5 goals have been scored in their previous nine games across all competitions, and their last three victories have all been by one goal margins.
BvB, on the other hand, has dropped their past two away games. The injury-free comeback of captain Marco Reus should be a big help.
They put up a valiant performance against Bayern Munich, but they could struggle today because Berlin seems to be in fantastic form and could pull off a close victory.
Union Berlin is expected to defeat Borussia Dortmund 2-1.
Union Berlin vs Borussia Dortmund Head-to-Head
- The two sides have faced off against each other eight times throughout tournaments, with each match ending in a victory. In victories, Dortmund is up 6-2.
- Both of Berlin’s victories have come at home, so the league’s top team will be rooting for a victory here.
- Berlin is the Bundesliga team with the most victories, while Dortmund has played the fewest draws (1) this season (6).
- Berlin has the competition’s finest defensive record, having allowed only six goals in nine games.
- In their previous 10 Bundesliga home games, Berlin is undefeated.
- Berlin’s past five games have seen under 2.5 goals scored, while Dortmund’s last six away games have seen over 2.5 goals scored.
- Jaeckel, Knoche, Leite
- Ryerson, Khedira, Schäfer, Haberer, Gießelmann
- Jordan, Becker
- Wolf, Hummels, Schlotterbeck, Guerreiro
- Özcan, Bellingham
- Adeyemi, Brandt, Malen
Union Berlin vs Borussia Dortmund Betting Tips
- Tip 1: Berlin as a result
- Tip 2: Over/Under 2.5 Goals Over/Under 2.5 Goals
- Tip 3: There will be at least one goal scored in the second half, yes
- No. 4 tip: Union Berlin will score first