Universitatea Craiova is going head to head with CFR 1907 Cluj starting on 2 Apr 2023 at 18:00 UTC at Stadionul Ion Oblemenco stadium, Craiova city, Romania. The match is a part of the Liga 1, Championship round. Universitatea Craiova played against CFR 1907 Cluj in 2 matches this season. Currently, Universitatea Craiova rank 4th, while CFR 1907 Cluj hold 2nd position.
Initially founded in 1948 as the football section of the CSU Craiova sports club, it was part of it until 1991, when its berth in the league championship was taken by FC U Craiova following privatisation. Between 1948 and 1991, Universitatea had won four national titles and five national cups. In the next two decades however, FC U was reorganised several times and disaffiliated, which led to it being retroactively deemed an unofficial successor to the old entity. In 2013, the sports club refounded its football department, which asserted the history and trophies of the original Universitatea Craiova.
Before its latest promotion to the Liga I in 2004, the club had spent most of its existence in the lower divisions. CFR Cluj has since relied increasingly on foreign players for its success, and in the 2005–06 season participated in its first European competition, the Intertoto Cup, where it finished as runner-up. With significant financial support from previous owner Árpád Pászkány, CFR took the national title away from capital-based teams after seventeen years and became national champion for the first time in the 2007–08 campaign.
Between 2017 and 2022, “the White and Burgundies” won five successive championships. In total, CFR has amassed sixteen domestic trophies, all of them in the 21st century—eight Liga I, four Cupa României and four Supercupa României. As well as becoming a highly esteemed figure in Romanian football, the team has secured three qualifications each to the UEFA Champions League and Europa League group stages and two qualifications to the Europa Conference League group stages.
Prediction:- Universitatea Craiova 1-2 CFR Cluj
This match will start from 11:30 PM
This match will take place on
Both teams will enter the match with all the selected players.
No Lineups available yet.
The odds for these teams are pretty similar. An away win has been estimated at 34.9%, with the chances of Universitatea Craiova 1948 CSDNU winning being 34.5%, leaving a 30.6% probability for the match ending in a draw.
Bolton vs Plymouth Argyle Prediction, Head-To-Head, Live Stream Time, Date, Team News, lineup news, Odds, Stats, Betting Tips Trends, Where To Watch Live Score English EFL Trophy 2023 Telecast Today Match Details – April 2