Sassuolo and Hellas Verona will face off in an important match on Saturday at the Stadio Marcantonio Bentegodi as the Serie A returns for another round of games. Over the course of their campaign, Sassuolo, who are currently ranked 12th in the Serie A standings, have been plagued by inconsistent play.
The Neroverdi will need to step it up this weekend after Torino held them to a 1-1 draw in their previous match. Hellas Verona, on the other hand, are currently ranked 18th in the league and have had a difficult season thus far. Last week, the home team lost to Juventus 1-0, and they will need to get back on track in this game.
Sassuolo will be determined to make the most of their current form, which they have experienced in recent weeks. Domenico Berardi, who has scored a number of goals for the Neroverdi, has been impressive for the team.
Hellas Verona are currently struggling and fighting for relegation this season. At the moment, Sassuolo are the superior team, and they should be able to win this game.
Prediction: Verona Hellas 0-2 Sassuolo
- Sassuolo have won 12 of the last 23 games they’ve played against Hellas Verona, while Hellas Verona has won seven. This is a good recent record for Sassuolo.
- Sassuolo have won six of their last eight matches in the Serie An and have scored no less than two objectives against every one of their last six games against the hosts in the opposition.
- Sassuolo have won their last four Serie A games against Hellas Verona away from home, their longest winning streak against a single top-flight team.
- Hellas Verona have lost four games and have played out two attracts their last six matches in the Serie An and have scored just two objectives during this period.
- In the Serie A, Sassuolo have only lost one of their last ten games. No other team has lost more games than the Neroverdin in this time period.
Result: Sassuolo wins if there are more than 2.5 goals scored; Sassuolo keeps a clean sheet; Domenico Berardi scores;
Thomas Henry (ligament rupture), Darko Lazovic (muscle), Diego Coppola (ligament injury), Ajdin Hrustic (ankle), and Milan Duric (knee) are all out for Zaffaroni due to injuries or suspension.
Due to a suspension, Fabio Depaoli will not play this weekend after receiving a yellow card against Juventus. Last time out, Sassuolo brought back Ruan from his suspension, and the center back should play on Saturday.
It remains to be seen whether Domenico Berardi’s injury, which forced him off on Monday, is severe enough to keep him out at the Bentegodi.
- Dawidowicz, Magnani, Ceccherini
- Faraoni, Tameze, Veloso, Doig
- Lasagna, Gaich
- Toljan, Luan, Ferrari, Rogerio
- Fratessi, Lopez. Henrique
- Bajrami, Pinamonti, Lauriente
Where to watch
Watch the match on paramount+ or Jiocinema