On Thursday evening, Yorkshire will play Lancashire in the Roses match at Headingley. On Tuesday, the Vikings defeated the Notts Outlaws for the first time in the season. Lancashire, which had previously won three games, lost their first game against the Birmingham Bears.
Stay tuned for our preview of this match. In Leeds, the game begins at 19:00 local time. Yorkshire had a poor start to the campaign, but now that they’ve won, they’ll be much more confident. However, another difficult game awaits.
After suffering their first defeat of the tournament in their most recent match, Lancashire will be looking to rebound. They would love to do so at their rivals’ house.
Match details :
- Match: Yorkshire vs Lancashire, Match 33, Vitality T20 Blast 2023
- Date and Time: June 1, 2023, Thursday, 11.30 pm IST
- Venue: Headingley, Leeds
There is always a large crowd and a great atmosphere when Yorkshire and Lancashire meet. We hope for something else similar in this game at Headingley on Thursday night. After their unexpected victory over the Notts Outlaws, the Vikings will be excited about their chances,
but if they want to have any chance in this game, they will need to play at the same level. We believe that Lancashire will prevail in this match thanks to their skilled batsmen and bowlers.
Yorkshire will lose to Lancashire.
Weather Report :
On a cloudy Thursday evening in Leeds, it won’t be particularly warm, but it will be very humid throughout. By the time the game is over, the temperature could be as low as 12 degrees.
Pitch report :
In T20 matches, teams that bat first win more than 60% of the time in Leeds. In this game, we think that both skippers will want to bat first. In the first T20 Blast game of the season at Headingley, the first innings score was 217, and we anticipate that both teams will hit over 200 in this match.
Fantasy tips :
- On Tuesday, opener Dawid Malan struck 95 not out off 56 balls, earning our pick as Yorkshire’s highest run scorer in this match. David Wiese has taken five wickets up to this point and the bowling all-rounder merits backing as Yorkshire’s top wicket-taker in this game.
- In his T20 career, Daryl Mitchell has scored more than 3500 runs and struck out 85 times against the Notts Outlaws. In this game, we anticipate that the New Zealander will score the most runs for Lancashire. Luke Wood took eight wickets from the initial three matches in the current year’s T20 Impact and he is our tip for Lancashire’s top wicket-taker on Thursday.
- Daryl Mitchell is one of the world’s most consistent batters. In this regional derby, we recommend selecting him to score more than 31.5 runs.
Dream 11 :
- Captain: Daryl Mitchell
- Vice-Captain: Jordan Thompson
- Wicketkeeper: Phil Salt
- Batsmen: Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Steven Croft, Luke Wells
- All-Rounders: Daryl Mitchell, Jordan Thompson, Matthew Revis, David Wiese
- Bowlers: Luke Wood, Jafer Chohan
Where to watch :
- TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket.
- Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Sky Go.
Playing XIs :
- Shan Masood (c), Adam Lyth, Dawid Malan, Jonathan Tattersall (wk), Matthew Revis, William Luxton, Jordan Thompson, David Wiese, Ben Mike, Dominic Bess, Jafer Chohan
- Liam Livingstone (c), Luke Wells, Josh Bohannon, Steven Croft, Daryl Mitchell, Colin de Grandhomme, George Bell (wk), Tom Hartley, Luke Wood, Saqib Mahmood, Matthew Parkinson