In the EFL Championship, Rotherham United faces Cardiff City on Saturday at the AESSEAL New York Stadium in an effort to rebound from consecutive defeats.
The Millers have suffered consecutive defeats to Preston North End and Birmingham City after going three league games undefeated.
This has seen them drop to a twentieth situation in the association table, with 40 focuses from 37 games, only five clear of the transfer zone. They could fall into the bottom three if they suffer another setback this weekend.
Cardiff, on the other hand, has not only failed to win their last two league games but also has fewer points than Rotherham and is one position behind them in the standings.
The Bluebirds were beaten 2-0 by Preston prior to retaliating from an early shortfall in a 1-1 draw with West Brom.
With a combined 19 victories in 74 games, both teams have struggled for form this season. They both sit too close to the relegation zone, which is dangerous.
Rotherham and Cardiff may settle for a share of the spoils, despite the teams’ desire to win and put more distance between themselves and the bottom three.
Prediction: Rotherham United 1-1 Cardiff City
Rotherham has won 22 of the 51 previous meetings with Cardiff, while Cardiff has lost 15 of those matches.
In September 2015, Rotherham defeated Cardiff 2-1 in the Championship. In six games since then, the Welsh team has defeated them four times. After defeating Rotherham 1-0 earlier this season, Cardiff wants to win both league games against them for the first time since 2016-17.
Three of Cardiff’s last four league trips to Rotherham have been victories, with two of those victories coming at the New York Stadium. Rotherham has won fewer Saturday matches in the Championship this season than Huddersfield and Watford (4 each).
Cardiff has lost five of their last six league games on the road and has failed to score in 12 of their last 17 away games. From a combined 74 league matches this season, Rotherham and Cardiff have only 19 victories.
After losing 1-2 to Preston North End in their previous match in the Championship, Rotherham United will be looking to rebound here.
Rotherham United had 46 percent possession and six attempts at goal, one of which was successful. Hakeem Odoffin (35′) was the only Rotherham United player to score. On the other hand, Preston North End made 3 of 7 shots on goal. Ched Evans (45′) and Tom Cannon (23′) scored goals for Preston North End.
In recent games, Rotherham United have rarely kept a clean sheet. In fact, Rotherham United has conceded nine goals in six of their previous six matches when their defense has been breached. Nevertheless, all we can do is determine whether or not that pattern will continue in this game.
Rotherham United hasn’t won against Cardiff City in six league games heading into this one.
Cardiff City and West Bromwich Albion drew 1-1 in their most recent Championship match.
In that match, Cardiff City oversaw 44% belonging and 11 shots on objective with 2 on track. Sory Kaba (65′) was the only Cardiff City player to score. Three of West Bromwich Albion’s eight attempts were successful. West Bromwich Albion’s scorer was Daryl Dike (17′).
In recent games involving Cardiff City, it has become apparent that at least one team frequently fails to score. This has occurred five times in their six most recent meetings, according to their records. Cardiff City has scored six goals while the other team has scored five in these matches.
• Cardiff City has defeated Rotherham United just once in their last five Championship games.
• Did you know that between minutes 0 and 15, Rotherham United scores 22% of their goals?
• Rotherham United wins 66% of their home games when they lead 1-0.
• With seven goals, Chiedozie Ogbene leads Rotherham United in scoring. Callum Robinson has scored multiple times for Cardiff City.
• In their last seven games, Rotherham United have given up at least one goal.
• Cardiff City scores 2 goals against Rotherham United, while Rotherham United scores 0.8 goals against Cardiff City.
• Did you know that between minutes 76 and 90, Cardiff City scores 30 percent of its goals?
• Cardiff City wins 75% of their games when they travel with a 0-1 lead.
Rotherham United :
• Goalkeeper: Viktor Johansson
• Defense: Wes Harding, Lee Peltier, Hakeem Odofin, Cameron Humphreys, Leo Fuhr Hjelde
• Midfield: Conor Coventry, Tarique Fosu, Shane Ferguson
• Forward line: Jordan Hugill, Chiedozie Ogbene
Cardiff City FC :
• Goalkeeper: Ryan Allsop
• Defenders: Mahlon Romeo, Mark McGuinness, Perry Ng
• Midfielders: Callum O’Dowda, Romaine Sawyers, Ryan Wintle
• Forward line: Jaden Philogene-Bidace, Sheyi Ojo, Isaak Davies, Kion Etete
|United States||Fox Soccer Plus, ViX|
|France||Molotov, Free, L’Equipe, L’Equipe Web|
|Nepal||SONY TEN 3 HD, Sony LIV, SONY TEN 3|
|India||JioTV, SONY TEN 3 HD, SONY TEN 3, Sony LIV|
|Sri Lanka||Sony LIV, SONY TEN 3, SONY TEN 3 HD|
Espanyol vs Celta Vigo Prediction, Head-To-Head, Live Stream Time, Date, Team News, lineup news, Odds, Stats, Betting Tips Trends, Where To Watch Live Score Spanish LaLiga 2023 Telecast Today Match Details – March 18